London underground station Knightsbridge, Piccadilly Line, Zone 1
The department store is open Monday to Saturday from 10:00 till 21:00 o'clock, on Sunday from 11:30 till 18:00 o'clock.
Do not let yourself be fooled by some obsolete online information. There is not really a dress code. Currently (year 2019) according the Harrods website you should have a clothing which covers all intimate parts of your body and it should not have offensive pictures or writing. However, you must make sure that you do not carry any large rucksack or bag. Otherwise you have to use a Left Luggage service and to pay 25 £ for each piece of large luggage. (link with details further below)
1. The Food Halls on the ground floor are the most popular departments at Harrods. A wide range of fine delicacies is offered in 4 huge halls. The presentation and the choice of different meals and foods is of the finest sort only. It is also possible to buy and consume several meals directly there at some small restaurants with bar stools. The halls on their own are already worth seeing because they are designed with loving attention to detail.
2. The toy department with 8 different colored rooms is located on the 4th floor. All children and lovers of imaginative designed sceneries will be satisfied. They will encounter a wide range of new modern toys from recognized brands as well as classic offers like the Harrods teddy bear. The toy department is a part of the children's section with approx. 7.400 m², which includes the Sweet Street.
3. The Egyptian Escalator is pretty much in the middle of the department store and it connects 7 floors. Numerous columns, wall reliefs and sculptures in Egyptian style can be seen along the escalator. It was completed in 1992 and the total construction costs were approx. 30 million £.
4. The Fine Jewellery department is located on the ground floor and shows nobel jewelry from famous brands such as Tiffany and Cartier. The brilliant and high-class jewelry will make every woman's heart beat faster. Men will search for an emergency exit while an annual salary slides up on their wives finger.
5. The Superbrands department for ladies is located on the 1st floor and for men on the 2nd floor. In these areas you will find the top designer fashion of such famous brands like Gucci, Prada, Valentino and Chanel. The unique presentation gives the luxury fashion the right frame.
6. The Harrods Gift Shop is located on the second floor. It is a good place to buy the typical souvenirs on your London trip. Especially the tea boxes and the cookie boxes from their own brand are very popular.
7. A picnic in the park is very much liked by Londoners and is a British tradition. The close proximity from Harrods to Hyde Park offers perfect conditions for that. The Food Halls have a wide selection of delicacies from which you can choose and are perfect for a picnic shopping. The close Hyde Park has plenty of space in the green. The perfect end for an exquisite shopping stroll!
Number of staff: approx. 4000
Customers per year: approx. 15 millions
At peak times, up to 300,000 customers visit London's noble department store every day. With more than 330 departments on a sales area of approx. 90,000 m² it is one of the biggest department stores in Europe.
Links with further details:
Current info for visitors