The current appearance of the Stadtpfarrkirche St. Stephan church dates back to year 1827. But the origins of the church building go back much further into the past.
It is believed that a church was built here already around 1200. The development of the church building ran through the different epochs. The characteristic, baroque onion-shaped dome was built in 1697 after the Turkish wars. Inside the church there are some remarkable artworks. Especially worth mentioning is the church organ from 1744, on which the famous Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart played already during some masses in St. Stephen's church.